Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- As the scene was cut from the final version of the episode, not much is known about her funeral at this time, but some things can be speculated. Full information will not be revealed until the deleted scene is released.
- Her exact cause of death is not expicitly stated, but Future Ted mentions that she "got sick", so it can be assumed that she died from cancer or some other serious illness.
- Tracy's death and funeral occur in 2024, four years after her marriage to Ted, and six years before Ted sits their kids down to tell them the story of how he and Tracy met.
- It can be assumed that The Gang, Cindy, Casey, Ted's kids, Marvin, Daisy,The Third Eriksen Kid, Ellie, members of Superfreakonomics, and possibly Kelly attended Tracy's funeral service.
- Allyson Hannigan has said a few words about the funeral being cut from the finale. In an excerpt from an article on TVLine.com:
- "Alyson Hannigan said that the finale that aired last month was some 18 minute shorters than the script they worked off of at a “perfect” table read. “But [the full script] was also much more heart-wrenching,” she shared, “which maybe people wouldn’t have liked.”
Among the deleted scenes was what Hannigan described as a “one-second” montage of title character Tracy’s funeral. Instead, viewers only learned from Narrator Ted that the kids’ mother had become ill, then passed away — some time before he decided to rekindle things with their “Aunt” Robin."
“Honestly, if you saw [that] cut, it would be even more heart-wrenching than what the finale was,” Hannigan noted. “They were like, ‘No. It’s just too gut-wrenching.’ And I was like, ‘That’s what I want. I want my heart ripped out and slammed on the floor and, like, stomped on!’”
Hannigan also believes that missing moment “would have been better for the audience, so that then they can process, ‘Oh, [Ted] mourned. He got closure’ — and then they’d be happy that [he and Robin] got together. Rather than be like, ‘Oh, wait. She died? What? They’re together, huh?’ And credits. That’s what I think was too fast.”
- Tracy's funeral is unfortunately not included with the deleted scenes of the Season 9 DVD as well as the Complete Series Box Set.
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2014/04/26/how-i-met-your-mother-series-finale-funeral-tracy/
- ↑ http://time.com/79788/how-i-met-your-mother-cut-a-funeral-scene-from-its-finale/
- ↑ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/28/how-i-met-your-mother-funeral_n_5226231.html
- ↑ http://www.vulture.com/2014/04/mother-funeral-scene-was-cut-from-himym-finale.html