|“The Magician's Code - Part Two”|
| First aired:|
May 14, 2012
| Barney's Blog|
Barney's Blog 2
On Barney's future wedding day, his wife is finally revealed, and the gang reminisces about the time they encouraged Ted to follow his heart and go after the one that got away.
After the birth of Lily and Marshall's baby, Ted talks to Robin about how he wants a family. She encourages him to go after the one who got away, Victoria, saying that he always sabotages himself by choosing women he knows he has no future with and that she was the only girl he ever dated with the potential to be "The One." He gives her a call and invites her to MacLaren's and arranges to meet at 1:30 P.M. When she arrives, she is in a wedding dress. Victoria tells him that today is her wedding with Klaus, but she has always had Ted in the back of her mind. If he wants to drive off into the sunset with her, now is their chance. After deliberating with the gang, he takes her into the car, seemingly to drive off into the sunset with her. However, he tells her "I was left at the altar and it almost killed me. You're someone's fiance, and I have to respect that," and says he's going to drive her back to the church. Once he gets near the church, he sees flashbacks of Victoria, and drives past the church, where Ted and Victoria hold hands and drive off into the sunset.
Meanwhile, Quinn and Barney plan a romantic getaway to Hawaii. However, in Barney's suitcase is a box which he refuses to open, due to "The Magician's Code." "The Magician's Code" is a code taught to Barney by his former magic teacher who said "A Magician should never reveal his greatest tricks." Barney and Quinn get held up by security. As a security guard questions Quinn, he asks her what is her occupation - to which she says she is unemployed. She says she wanted to surprise Barney when they were on their vacation, saying she quit stripping just for him. Afterwards, Quinn is told she can leave but Barney must stay, but Barney tells her to wait and that he will finally reveal the magic trick. After an elaborate magic ploy, it is revealed that in the box was an engagement ring, which he uses to propose to Quinn. She accepts. They run off to tell the gang, and Barney and Robin are left in the room alone. He apologizes if this may be kind of weird for her, but she says she's happy for them. Then there is a flash forward to Barney's wedding day, and when Ted walks into the bride's room, it is finally revealed to be Robin.
- Barney's love of magic tricks is a recurring element throughout the show.
- In Ducky Tie, Victoria mentioned that she is getting engaged to Klaus.
- Robin mentions Stella and Zoey, two of Ted's ex-girlfriends.
- In one of the flashback scenes, Marshall's Fiero is seen, and the song I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers is being played in it.
- Stella left Ted at the altar in Shelter Island.
- Making a sign as a result of something someone did was first referenced in Disaster Averted.
- During the flashback of Marshall stapling himself, Ted can be seen eating a sandwich. "Eating a sandwich" is Ted's way of telling his kids that they were smoking marijuana.
- When in the airport security room, Barney says "Man, I wind up in these rooms a lot". This is a reference to Sweet Taste of Liberty, where him and Ted get questioned at the airport.
For a listing of all images on the wiki tagged as being from this episode, see Category:The Magician's Code - Part Two images.
|Mr Flanigan:||The magician's code forbids me from telling you anything more about the trick.|
|Lorreta:||Hey, come back to bed!|
|Mr Flanigan:||Okay, it involves a bed.|
|Barney:||Can you at least tell me the name of this trick?|
|Mr Flanigan:||Sure. Its called-|
|Barney:||The disappearing salami.|
- —Barney talking about the Magician's Code
|Ted:||I don't always choose women there's no future with... kind of.|
|Robin:||Name one exception.|
|Ted:||Victoria. Victoria was great.|
|Robin:||Exactly. And you threw it all away to chase after some hot piece of ass.|
|Ted:||You mean you?|
Notes and TriviaEdit
Goofs and ErrorsEdit
- In the photos sequence, Marshall doesn't have his eyes closed, as seen in Say Cheese.
- During the engagement scene when the camera pulls back to show the entire table, you can see that the guard's foot dissapears even though it's past one of the legs. This due to the fact that a person was under the table to push the flower up so an image of the scene was placed between the table legs to provide the illusion.
Allusions and Outside ReferencesEdit
- When Barney returns home, Quinn states that his bedroom was too "American Psycho".
- The Wind - Cat Stevens
- Ed Alonzo, who plays Guard #2, is an actual magician.
- Becki Newton - Quinn
- Frances Conroy - Loretta Stinson (voice only)
- Renee Taylor - Mrs. Matsen
- Rob Huebel - Mr. Flanigan
- Ashley Williams - Victoria
- Lance Barber - Guard #1
- Ed Alonzo - Guard #2
- Ithamar Enriquez - Guard #3
- Peter Gannon - Mr. McIntee
- Christopher Carroll -Mr. Drury
- Kelly Connolly - Zelda
This episode, along with The Magician's Code - Part One, was viewed by 8.49 million people. 
Donna Bowman of the AV Club gave the episode a B, stating that much happened in the episode even if there were contradictions along the way while the outcomes of certain events are attempts at misdirection. 
Entertainment Weekly's Michelle Profis stated the episode does not leave anything for the audience to contemplate before the next season but left some emotional moments such as the baby being named after Marshall's father. 
Ethan Alter of Television Without Pity gave the episode a C-. 
Robert Canning of IGN gave the episode 8 out of 10. 
- ↑ http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/ratings-news-15th-may-2012.html
- ↑ http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-magicians-code,73636/
- ↑ http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/how-i-met-your-mother-season-7-finale/
- ↑ http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/how-i-met-your-mother/the-magicians-code-part-2.php
- ↑ http://tv.ign.com/articles/122/1224685p1.html
- The Magician's Code - Part Two at the English Wikipedia
- The Magician's Code - Part Two at the Internet Movie Database
- The Magician's Code - Part Two at TV.com
|The Magician's Code - Part One||The Magician's Code - Part Two |