The Eight Slaps were a series of slaps that Marshall Eriksen could give out to Barney Stinson from the episode Slap Bet to eternity. Originally, only five slaps were able to be issued, but in exchange for not wearing the Ducky Tie, Marshall got three extra slaps in Disaster Averted. The Slap Bet is completed in The End of the Aisle.
The Five SlapsEdit
The slaps which have been issued by Marshall took place in the following episodes:
- Slap Bet
- Slapsgiving 2: Revenge of the Slap
- Disaster Averted
- Disaster Averted
- Slapsgiving 3: Slappointment in Slapmarra
- The End of the Aisle
- The plot in Slapsgiving 3 says that the Slap of a Million Exploding Suns was the final slap, but actually there was still one slap left. The final one was shown in The End of the Aisle.
- There is an explantation for the slap in Slapsgiving 3 being the fourth slap. By the time of Disaster Averted, he had used 4 slaps, and getting an extra 3 reset his total to only one slapped used. He used 2 in Disaster Averted, bringing his total up to 3. In Slapsgiving 3, he used another slap, bringing his total back to four.
- In Slapsgiving 3, the line 'That's four' Marshall said after slapping Barney has been edited out in the international version of the episode that has aired after the US air date.
|Friends & Family||Lily Aldrin • Ted Mosby • Robin Scherbatsky • Barney Stinson • Marvin Eriksen Sr. • Judy Eriksen • Marvin Eriksen Jr. • Marcus Eriksen • Ashley Eriksen • Martin Eriksen • Marvin W. Eriksen • Daisy Eriksen • Unnamed Eriksen Child|
|Places||MacLaren's Pub • The Apartment • Wesleyan University • Goliath National Bank • Marshall and Lily's apartment • Marshall and Lily's house • AltruCell Corporation • Gazzola's • Honeywell & Cootes|
|Others||Ducky Tie (object) • The Eight Slaps • You Just Got Slapped • Marshall Brownies • Mabel • Tantrum • Marshall versus the Machines • Best Night Ever • Intervention banner • Marshgammon • The Fish List • The Swords • Five Words • Big Fudge|