Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
That's the Dream is a recurring phrase. Despite Ted claiming that Barney uses it far too often, it has frequently been used by other members of the gang.
- (Ted:) A girl who's not only hot but loves Star Wars.
- (Ted:) She's an architecture nerd!
- (Ted:) Getting married in Canada in June.
- (Robin:) A guy giving you a two syllable damn.
- (Robin:) A guy telling when you can and can't pee.
- (Barney:) You can't get a girl pregnant.
- (Barney:) Going to jail for your best bro. Ted also quotes past "dreams" he has stated in this episode (see the quotes section).
- (Ted): Barney not being able to use the phrase "That's the Dream" again.
- (Ted): Weekend at Barney's (although he cannot believe he claims that that is the dream). 
- (Barney:) Enlisting in the US Marines with your bro (so that you can marry in their uniforms). 
- (Marshall/Barney/Ted:) Getting regular fries, with a few accidental curly fries mixed in. 
|Ted:||You're too liberal with the phrase "That's the dream".|
|Barney:||Name one other time I've said that.|
|Ted:||A suit made of prosciutto so you can eat your way naked, that's the dream. A pack of lions fighting a tyrannosaurus, that's the dream. Being able to take a whole year's worth of dumps in one, non-stop twenty-four hour period then not having to dump again for the rest of the year, that's the dream.|
|Barney:||I never said Dump Day was the dream. I said science is this close to a pill.|
|Ted:||There can only be one "the dream"! You're saying it's going to jail for a bro? You're comfortable with that being the one and only dream, forever?|
|Ted:||Great, now you can never use that phrase again. And for me, that's the dream.|