Ted and Marshall
First year of college
BackgroundEditTed and Marshall met in college at Wesleyan University. The two were roommates there and moved to New York City together where they were roommates until Marshall finally moved to his own apartment with his wife, Lily.
- The Duel - Ted and Marshall fight over the apartment
- Where Were We? - Ted tries to help Marshall get over Lily
- Arrivederci, Fiero - Ted and Marshall bond in college
- How I Met Everyone Else - Ted and Marshall first meet
- No Tomorrow - Marshall helps Ted realize how much of a jerk was St. Patrick's Day
- The Chain of Screaming - Ted gives Marshall the money he needs to keep the apartment after Marshall loses his job
- Do I Know You? - Marshall joins Ted in waiting to find out if Stella will like Star Wars. He then keeps it a secret that she hated it to protect Ted
- Duel Citizenship - Marshall and Ted go on a road trip but Ted gets mad that Marshall invited Lily. Ted kidnaps Marshall and they realize that while not the same as they were in college, their friendship remains strong
- Big Days
- Desperation Day - Ted comes to visit Marshall after his dad dies, and they drive back to New York.
- The Best Man - In his drunken state, Marshall talks Ted up about his article in New York magazine to a few different guests at Punchy's wedding.
- The Stinson Missile Crisis - Ted and Marshall take a birthing class together.
- Tick Tick Tick - Ted and Marshall go to a concert, and "eat a sandwich".
- No Pressure - Marshall tells Robin to move out of the apartment to protect Ted.
- Karma - Ted moves out of the apartment, leaving it to Marshall and Lily.
- The Broath - To seal a broath, Barney makes Ted and Marshall kiss.
- Trilogy Time - Ted, Marshall and Barney embark on another "Trilogy Time".
- The Final Page - Part Two - Ted asks Marshall for advice on whether to tell Robin about Barney's plan of proposing to Patrice.
- The Fortress - Ted helps Marshall look after Marvin, while Lily is busy with her new job. They are mistaken as a gay couple.