|Penny and Luke Mosby|
Penny Mosby & Luke Mosby
Also Known As:
"Kids", Ted's kids
Circa 2015 (Penny), 2017 (Luke)
|Gallery of Penny and Luke Mosby images (0)|
The premise for How I Met Your Mother is that Future Ted is telling his two children the story of how he met their mother, revealing more of the story in each episode. The son and daughter appear to be in their early to mid-teens in the year 2030.
Their names remained unknown throughout most of the series, however it has been shown Ted wanted to name them Luke and Leia, after the two Star Wars characters. (Milk and Landmarks) Their names were revealed in the episode Unpause. The daughter, Penny, is played by Lyndsy Fonseca, and the son, Luke, is played by David Henrie.
Throughout the episodes the kids are wearing the same clothes and sitting on the same sofa, except on the pilot episode, suggesting that perhaps Future Ted's story is not taking that long to tell. After the shows were picked up by the network they probably made changes in sets to make a nicer home for future Ted but did not re-shoot the pilot episode.
They have had little dialogue since first season, most likely because of the aging of Lyndsy Fonseca and David Henrie.
In Trilogy Time, it is shown that Penny was born in or before 2015 which makes her age about 15. She is older than Luke, who was born in 2017, making him 13 years old.
In Rally, they are seen in a flashforward to 2022, running into their parents' bedroom.
- Mother: The Mother
- Father: Ted Mosby
- Grandfather(s): Alfred Mosby, Clint (step-grandfather)
- Grandmother(s): Virginia Mosby
- Uncle(s): Marshall Eriksen (honorary), Barney Stinson (honorary)
- Aunt(s): Heather Mosby, Lily Aldrin (honorary), Robin Scherbatsky (honorary)
- Cousin(s): Marvin W. Eriksen (honorary), Daisy Eriksen (honorary)
Notes and TriviaEdit
- As of Season 8, 117 out of 184 episodes begin with the word "kids" being said by the narrator (including Robin's narration from Symphony of Illumination).
- On February 17, 2012, David Henrie said in an interview with the Insider that he and Lyndsy Fonseca had already filmed the series finale and additionally says, when questioned on it, that "fans would really appreciate the ending". 8 months later, On October 19, 2012, Lyndsy Fonseca said in an interview with The Huffington Post, in response to the question "Do you have any hunches on who the mother is?", she says "there was a time when we were told who it was and to never give the information out".
- At the 2013 San Diego Comic Con a video called Ted's Kids Like You've Never Seen Them was released to audience attending the How I Met Your Mother panel (and later the CBS website). This video shows the kids (Lyndsy Fonseca and David Henrie) grown up in 2038, eight years since Ted first started talking to the kids about how he met their mother in Pilot. The kids are shown to be furious at Ted for being stuck sitting on the couch for eight years and for getting off topic on the story. It should be noted that this clip is not canon.
- Georgina Bays (who plays infant Penny Mosby) is the daughter of co-creator Carter Bays and his wife Denise Cox Bays.
- The name "Penny" may be a reference to Ted and The Mother's love for coins.
|Friends & Family||Robin Scherbatsky • Marshall Eriksen • Lily Aldrin • Barney Stinson • Alfred Mosby • Virginia Mosby • Heather Mosby • Stacy • Ted's kids • The Mother|
|Places||MacLaren's Pub • The Apartment • Wesleyan University • Gazzola's • Ted's house • Goliath National Bank • New GNB Headquarters • Ted's Architecture Class • Ted's Second apartment • Puzzles|
|Others||Yellow Umbrella • The Threeway Belt • Blue French Horn • Sensory Deprivator 5000 • Naked Lady Noise • Tuxedo Night • Tantrum • TurTurkeyKey • Intervention banner • Doctor X • Red Cowboy Boots • The Swords • Five Words|