|Penny and Luke Mosby|
Penny Mosby & Luke Mosby
Also Known As:
"Kids", Ted's kids
2015 (Penny), 2017 (Luke)
|Gallery of Penny and Luke Mosby images (0)|
The premise for How I Met Your Mother is that Future Ted is telling his two children the story of how he met their mother, revealing more of the story in each episode. The son and daughter appear to be in their early to mid-teens in the year 2030, which is when Ted sits the kids down to tell them the story.
Their names remained unknown throughout most of the series, however it has been shown Ted wanted to name them Luke and Leia, after the two Star Wars characters. (Milk and Landmarks) Their names were revealed in the episode Unpause. The daughter, Penny, is played by Lyndsy Fonseca, and the son, Luke, is played by David Henrie.
Throughout the episodes, the kids are wearing the same clothes and sitting on the same sofa, except on the pilot episode, suggesting that perhaps Future Ted's story is not taking that long to tell. After the shows were picked up by the network they probably made changes in sets to make a nicer home for future Ted but did not re-shoot the pilot episode.
They have had little dialogue since first season, most likely because of the aging of Lyndsy Fonseca and David Henrie.
In Rally, they are seen in a flash-forward to 2022, running into their parents' bedroom.
In Last Forever - Part Two, Ted finally finishes telling the kids the story of how he met their mother. Penny figures out that the reason Ted told them that story was so they could understand how much Ted also loved their Aunt Robin. Both Penny and Luke then go on and encourage Ted to pursue Robin.
- Mother: Tracy Mosby (nee McConnell)
- Father: Ted Mosby
- Grandfather(s): Alfred Mosby, Clint (step-grandfather)
- Grandmother(s): Virginia Mosby
- Uncle(s): Marshall Eriksen (honorary), Barney Stinson (honorary)
- Aunt(s): Heather Mosby, Lily Aldrin (honorary), Robin Scherbatsky (honorary, possible stepmother post-2030)
- Cousin(s): Marvin W. Eriksen (honorary), Daisy Eriksen (honorary), Unnamed Eriksen Child (honorary), Ellie Stinson (honorary)
Notes and TriviaEdit
- As of Season 8, 117 out of 184 episodes begin with the word "kids" being said by the narrator (including Robin's narration from Symphony of Illumination).
- On February 17, 2012, David Henrie said in an interview with the Insider that he and Lyndsy Fonseca had already filmed the series finale and additionally says, when questioned on it, that "fans would really appreciate the ending". 8 months later, On October 19, 2012, Lyndsy Fonseca said in an interview with The Huffington Post, in response to the question "Do you have any hunches on who the mother is?", she says "there was a time when we were told who it was and to never give the information out".
- At the 2013 San Diego Comic Con a video called Ted's Kids Like You've Never Seen Them was released to audience attending the How I Met Your Mother panel (and later the CBS website). This video shows the kids (Lyndsy Fonseca and David Henrie) grown up in 2038, eight years since Ted first started talking to the kids about how he met their mother in Pilot. The kids are shown to be furious at Ted for being stuck sitting on the couch for eight years and for getting off topic on the story. It should be noted that this clip is not canon.
- Georgina Bays (who plays infant Penny Mosby) is the daughter of co-creator Carter Bays and his wife Denise Cox Bays.
- The name "Penny" may be a reference to Ted and The Mother's love for coins or the "Lucky Penny" episode.
- The name "Luke" might be a reference to how much Ted loves the iconic "Star Wars" trilogy and one of its main character, Luke Skywalker.
- The series finale shows that Ted and Tracy had to postpone their wedding because Tracy discovered that she was pregnant with Penny.
- Contrary to what fans initially believed, the series finale shows that both Mosby children were born before their parents got married.
- Throughout the entire series, Penny was referred to by name three times, however Luke was only mentioned by name once.
- Penny's birth can be placed in or after September 2015. Tracy mentions in the series finale that she and Ted can't get married in September, because she wants to fit into her dress. This means Tracy will be close to, if not, nine months pregnant, placing Penny's birth between September and December of 2015.
- The scene in the finale where Ted’s kids who encourage him to go after Aunt Robin following their mother’s death was filmed back in Season 2.
|Friends & Family||Robin Scherbatsky • Marshall Eriksen • Lily Aldrin • Barney Stinson • Alfred Mosby • Virginia Mosby • Heather Mosby • Stacy • Ted's kids • Tracy McConnell|
|Places||MacLaren's Pub • The Apartment • Wesleyan University • Gazzola's • Ted's house • Goliath National Bank • New GNB Headquarters • Ted's Architecture Class • Ted's Second apartment • Puzzles|
|Others||Yellow Umbrella • The Threeway Belt • Blue French Horn • Sensory Deprivator 5000 • Naked Lady Noise • Tuxedo Night • Tantrum • TurTurkeyKey • Intervention banner • Doctor X • Red Cowboy Boots • The Swords • Five Words • Mock Salutes|