| First aired:|
October 17, 2005
| Barney's Blog|
Barney's Blog 2
Barney's Blog 3
Ted and Barney join Robin at a nightclub where she is on the VIP list. Meanwhile, Lily and Marshall host a wine and cheese tasting night with other couples at the apartment.
Robin has been invited by the club's owner to come to Okay, a new dance club. Ted and Barney agree to come, but Marshall and Lily are hosting a wine tasting party so that Marshall and Lily can begin to be more mature. Lily felt out of place when she found out that other couples their age are much more mature than they are. Ted and Barney go; Ted has agreed to meet Robin's friend Kelly, while Barney decides to find a "cutlet" and grind with her all night.
Marshall becomes very bored at the wine tasting party, and escapes by jumping out the bathroom window (although Ted disputes this). Meanwhile, Robin cannot get in to the VIP area even though she was invited there. She leaves to call to try to get in the VIP area, and lets Marshall in to the club. However, Robin cannot get back in because a different guy is now a bouncer.
Ted prepares to leave after ruining his chances with Kelly, but stays for a bit when Marshall arrives. They both get beers, but Marshall's elbow is bumped as he is drinking, and because he had a temporary crown put in earlier that day, Marshall is now in pain. Ted goes down to the coat check area to hang out with the coat check girl, while Marshall finds Barney, who suggests going to the bathroom to find some aspirin. When Marshall comes out of the bathroom, he is miraculously no longer in pain.
Meanwhile, Lily comes to club, having also escaped from their party in the same manner as Marshall after she called him and heard the music of the club. Robin convinces Lily that she doesn't have to mature like the other couples, while Lily convinces Robin to flash their breasts at the bouncer to get back into the club.
Inside, Barney has discovered that the "cutlet" he has been grinding with all night is actually his cousin, Leslie. Barney tries to leave, but because Robin and Lily have returned, they stay for a bit, and Marshall and Lily dance at the club, while Robin, Ted, and Barney watch.
- Listing things that are never as good as they're supposed to be, Ted mentions New Year's Eve to the coat-check girl. The premise of The Limo is Ted trying to prevent New Year's Eve from being a letdown.
- The club where they go to, "Okay", is mentioned again in Hopeless.
- In the end of the episode, Lily is asleep in the cab. In Not a Father's Day, Marshall says that whenever Lily gets drunk, she falls asleep in the taxi.
|Robin:||What does VIP stand for in your own universe?|
|Barney:||Well I know the P is penis.|
Notes and TriviaEdit
Goofs and ErrorsEdit
- Marshall asks Barney for some aspirin but in Lucky Penny, Marshall told Robin and Ted he doesn't believe in painkillers.
- Prior to exiting the apartment through the window, Marshall had a watch on his wrist. After he jumps out, he is no longer wearing the watch.
Allusions and Outside ReferencesEdit
- Ted calls Barney "Tin Man," because of his shiny silver shirt, referencing The Wizard of Oz.
- The guests at Lily and Marshall's wine-tasting discuss Norah Jones's new album.
- The nerds outside of the club think that Marshall might be the third Affleck brother, referencing Ben and Casey Affleck.
- The game Marshall and Lily's wine-tasting guests are playing when one says, "For the wedge," is Trivial Pursuit.
- When trying to comfort Robin, Lily mentions Julia Roberts.
- Shine - Lovefreekz (used again five seasons later in The Perfect Cocktail)
- Heaven - DJ Sammy
- Freek U - Garcon
- The Tide - The Julian Day
- Cinders - Wild Whirled Music (Marshall's dance solo on the DVD release)
- Jason Segel performed a similar elaborate dance in the Freaks & Geeks series finale "Discos and Dragons."
- In the scene in which Marshall climbs down the side of the apartment building, Jason Segel wanted to walk out of frame doing a Bigfoot walk. While Segel didn't use the walk in this episode, the walk was incorporated into Life Among the Gorillas.
- When Jason Segel tossed his hat into the crowd during his dance, the hat accidentally hit an extra in the face.
- In the DVD commentary for this episode, Alyson Hannigan said that filming the scene in which Marshall and Lily kiss while they dance was awkward because of both the height difference between her and Jason Segel and trying not to bump each other's teeth.
- Jason Segel previously worked with guest star Samm Levine, who plays one of the nerds outside of the club, on Freaks & Geeks.
- Ryan Raddatz - Chirs
- Jayma Mays - Coat Check Girl
- Samm Levine - Phil
- Rob Evors - Bradley
- Joshua Zisholtz - Chris
- Vanessa Lee Evigan - Kelly
- Michelle Noh - Claire
- Kyle Bornheimer - Austin
- Stephen Keys - New Bouncer
- Sebastian Siegel - Bartender
- Kristin Denehy - Leslie
- Okay Awesome at the English Wikipedia
- Okay Awesome at the Internet Movie Database
- Okay Awesome at TV.com
|Return of the Shirt||Okay Awesome |