| First aired:|
May 8, 2006
Ted is forced to a postpone a date with the "perfect woman" when Lily needs his help. Barney conscripts Marshall in a vicious prank war.
| This page or section uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia's Milk (How I Met Your Mother) article. (view authors).
You can contribute to the How I Met Your Mother Wiki by rewriting the copied content.
Meanwhile, Barney wants Marshall to help him wage a prank war against Clark Butterfield, a man who is Barney's target in such pranks. Marshall is appointed to help Barney with the mischief. Marshall realizes that even though he hates his job he would not be able to have fun like this with Barney anywhere else.
Lily has found out about an art fellowship in San Francisco, and decides to apply, even though it could ruin the wedding plans. She is forced to reveal her plans and call Ted when a tire on Marshall's car goes flat. She tells Ted that she is still having doubts about marrying Marshall and wants to see if she can get into this art fellowship and see what happens. Ted tries to convince her not to go to the required interview in New Haven. Lily knows it is a mistake but she has to know for sure if she can do it, and leaves Ted on the side of the road quite far from town. Ted sends her an angry message but reminds her to pick up milk on the way home. He calls Barney, but Barney puts Marshall on the phone and Ted claims it was a prank because he does not want Marshall to know why he was all the way out in Duchess County.
Robin (who has gotten ill-advised highlights in her hair) eventually comes to get Ted, and takes him back to the bar so that he can be there for his date with the perfect woman. Ted daydreams about his wedding day and sees Robin trying to restrain her sadness at not being his bride, and he realizes he doesn't want a perfect woman anymore - he wants Robin.
Back in The apartment, Ted asks Lily if she got the "Milk" - not wanting to give away to Marshall about the interview - and Lily confirms she got it but claims she doesn't want it.
- Ted previously dealt with Love Solutions in Matchmaker
- Consequences of Lily's interview will be felt in Come On.
- Marshall will later get a job working for the lawfirm of Nicholson, Hewitt & West. (I'm Not That Guy)
- Ted talks about The Goat in his 30th birthday, but, actually, the goat event happened in his 31st birthday. (The Leap)
|Ted:||Can't a brother go apple-picking without getting the third degree? DAMN!|
|Future Ted:||So I read the file, and by God this woman was perfect. She liked dogs, she spent her summers in North Carolina, she played bass guitar, she did the Times crossword, she played tennis, she liked old movies, her favorite food was lasagna, and her favorite book was Love in the Time of Cholera. Her favorite singer was Otis Redding and she wanted two kids, a boy and a girl.|
- —Future Ted talking about her match from Love Solutions
Notes and TriviaEdit
Goofs and ErrorsEdit
- The fastest way from Manhattan (where Lily left from) to New Haven (her destination for her interview) does not require her to go through Dutchess County. As a matter of fact, Dutchess County would probably make her trip two hours longer than it would need to be.
Allusions and Outside ReferencesEdit
- Ted says he is gonna name his kids Luke and Leia, which are the names of the main characters in the Star Wars saga.
- Lily is shown playing Super Bomberman.
- When Barney says about his prank war with Butterfield, "Who knows. This feud goes so far back no one can remember who fired the first shot", it may be a reference to Huckleberry Finn.
- Mother of Pearl - Roxy Music
- Series creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas make an uncredited appearance as the fake paramedics.
- Sandy Rivers (played by Alexis Denisof) is one of the people featured in the photo montage at the dating agency.
- The date that Ted postponed could possibly future mother of his children. Hence she being the perfect match and why they didn't show pictures of the woman, aswell as this the woman also plays the bass guitar which we know the future mother of his children plays.
- Apart from Eric Allan Kramer's Bob in this episode, he also plays Bob Duncan in Good Luck Charlie.
- Eric Allan Kramer - Bob Rorschach
- Nate Torrence - Butterfield
- America Olivo - Beautiful Woman
- Charlene Amoia - Wendy the waitress
- Brenda Isaacs Booth - Tracy
- Lisa Claire - Beautiful Woman #2
- Carter Bays - Fake Paramedic #1 (uncredited)
- Craig Thomas - Fake Paramedic #2 (uncredited)
|Best Prom Ever||Milk |