Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Max was a former boyfriend of Tracy McConnell. They were dating around the time of the Pilot, before his death. He was The Mother's first love. Before she moved on she prayed for him, telling him how much she loved him.
- He bought a ukulele for the Mother on her 21st birthday, but dies before giving it to her. The Mother is playing the same ukulele the night Ted first hears her sing at the Farhampton Inn. She treasures it.
- He was the last boyfriend the Mother had before dating Louis. There was a seven year gap between them as Max died in 2005, and the Mother meets Louis in April 2012, around the same time as the events of Now We're Even.
- He died on the Mother's 21st birthday, in September 2005.
- How Max died is currently unknown.
- The way he died was probably quite sudden as nothing was mentioned about an illness before Tracy got the call about his death.
- Max is The Mother's Robin, the one she cannot let go of but he is gone. Reviews of the series finale observed that the mother returns to Max in death, mirroring Ted ultimately returning to Robin in 2030.
- His father is also deceased, as the Mother once remarks that Max is "probably up there [in Heaven] playing baseball with [his] dad."
|Friends & Family||Ted Mosby • Ted's kids • Louis • Cindy • Kelly • Darren • Max • Mitch|
|Places||The Mother's apartment|
|Others||Yellow Umbrella • Superfreakonomics|