Marshall and Lily
Marshall and Lily met in college. It was love at first sight. They dated and even got engaged but Lily called it off, moving to San Francisco to focus on her artistic interests. They were separated for six months due to this, finally getting back together a few months after Lily's return to New York, and getting re-engaged then married. Eventually, they found out that Lily was pregnant, and she gave birth to a boy named Marvin Wait-for-it Eriksen.
While devoted to each other, they have had to overcome their share of challenges, such as Lily's credit card debt and dislike of Marshall's mother, and Marshall's occasional workaholic tendencies that keeps him from having sex with her.
- Pilot - Marshall and Lily get engaged and have sex on the kitchen floor.
- Belly Full of Turkey - A pregnancy scare and an awkward Thanksgiving with Marshall's family.
- Best Prom Ever - Lily questions her decision to get married.
- Come On - Lily and Marshall break up when she goes to San Francisco to study art.
- Where Were We? - Marshall deals with life without Lily.
- The Scorpion and the Toad - Marshall and Lily are reunited. Lily wanted to get back together, but Marshall decides not to, considering she left him before.
- Brunch - Sexual tension between the two as they live life apart.
- Swarley - Marshall and Lily get back together.
- First Time In New York - Marshall realizes that Lily went halfway with Scooter. Lily compares it to being in the Empire State building.
- Something Borrowed - They get married.
- How I Met Everyone Else - Marshall and Lily's first meeting. It may have been tainted by the true story of how Lily and Ted met.
- Dowisetrepla - Marshall and Lily want to buy an apartment but they are hindered when Marshall learns that Lily has been hiding a massive credit card debt.
- Everything Must Go - Marshall wants Lily to sell her clothes to help pay to repair the floors in their new apartment but he is skeptical when she wants to sell her paintings instead.
- Not a Father's Day - Marshall and Lily decide if they are ready to have a baby.
- The Naked Man - Marshall gets mad that Lily is making light of sex.
- Three Days of Snow - Marshall and Lily consider old traditions as they mature.
- The Stinsons - Marshall learns how Lily really feels about his mother.
- Murtaugh - Lily doesn't like how Marshall coaches her kindergarteners.
- Robots Vs Wrestlers - Lily and Marshall decide when to have children.
- Doppelgangers - Lily and Marshall start trying to have children.
- Big Days - Lily doesn't like how Marshall tells his father everything.
- Baby Talk - Debating baby names and gender.
- Natural History - Lily isn't sure she likes how corporate Marshall has become a "Corporate Stooge".
- Bad News-Marshall and Lily overreact after seeing a specialist who can help them concieve a baby.
- Desperation Day - Marshall is staying with his mother after his dad died, and Lily goes to meet him.
- Challenge Accepted - Lily tells Marshall that she is pregnant.
- Mystery vs. History - Marshall and Lily decide not to find out the sex of their baby, but they are tempted when they are setting up the baby's room.
- 46 Minutes - Lily and Marshall officially move to the suburbs.
- The Burning Beekeeper - Lily and Marshall throw a housewarming party.
- The Drunk Train - For Valentine's Day, Lily and Marshall invite Robin and Kevin on a weekend getaway to Vermont.
- No Pressure - Barney finds Marshall and Lily's sex tape.
- Karma - Marshall and Lily move back to the city.
- The Broath - Marshall and Lily talk about their sex life.
- Now We're Even - Marshall finds out that Lily had a sex dream about Ranjit.
- Good Crazy - Lily and Marshall host a baby shower; Lily goes into labor at the end of the episode.
- The Magician's Code - Part One - Marshall arrives just in time for his son to be born, whom Lily names after Marshall's late father and everyone welcomes Marvin Wait-for-it Eriksen into the world.
- The Magician's Code - Part Two - Robin is appointed by Marshall and Lily to take the photograph for baby Marvin's birth announcement, but she can't take a decent shot of the three of them together. Eventually the two fall asleep on their bed with Marvin between them, allowing Robin to get a perfect if unconventional shot.
- Nannies - Lily and Marshall have trouble finding a nanny, because of an elaborate scheme Barney came up with to meet girls.
- Who Wants to Be a Godparent? - Lily and Marshall can’t decide on godparents for Marvin, so they put the gang to the test to see who would make the best one.
- Splitsville - Lily and Marshall are desperate for some private time.
- Ring Up - Lily is suddenly turned on by the leather cuff Marshall is wearing.
- P.S. I Love You - Lily finally tells Marshall that actual story of they met.
- Weekend at Barney's - Marshall accompanies Lily to an art gallery opening.
- The Fortress - Lily’s commitment to her job as The Captain’s art consultant strains her relationship with Marshall.
- Romeward Bound - Marshall helps Lily decide about accepting The Captain's job offer which would result in them moving to Rome for a year.
- No Questions Asked - Marshall tells Lilly about his new job as a judge, ruining their plans to move to Rome for a year
- Unpause - Marshall and Lilly "unpause" their fight about Rome, however Lilly runs away half way through and gets picked up by a mystery person.
- Sunrise - Marshall and Lilly make up and agree to star in New York
- Daisy - Lilly reveals that she went to The Captain after Marshall and Lilly's fight in Unpause because she thought she was pregnant. Marshal and Lilly find out that Lilly is pregnant and decide to move to Rome to give Lilly her dream because she has already given Marshall his dream, twice. (Marvin W. Eriksen and Daisy Eriksen)
- The End of the Aisle - Marshall and Lilly rewrite their old wedding vows.
Marshall and Lily have an extremely adventurous sex life particularly when it comes to roleplaying games. We see Marshall dressed as Fay Wray and tied to his bed whilst Lily enters dressed as King Kong and it is suggested they also roleplay Lily being a prostitute, when Marshall comments that Lily should 'sell your stuff' (meaning her artwork)she replies 'Baby that's just a game we play in the bedroom'. It is hinted they also experiment with S&M although we are told Marshall is reluctant to spank Lily forcefully.