- Shannon (Pre series, 1998)
- Robin Scherbatsky (season 5, season 8-season 9)
- Nora (season 6-7)
- Quinn Garvey (season 7-8)
Noteworthy Sexual Encounters
- Wendy the Waitress - The Platinum Rule, Sorry, Bro
- Madeline Albright - mentioned in The Yips, The Bracket, Benefits and Unpause
- Rhonda French - The Yips
- Karina - Girls Versus Suits
- Abby - Ten Sessions, Everything Must Go
- Professor Lewis - Aldrin Justice
- Pauline - Right Place, Right Time
- Mrs. Buckminster - Nannies
- Number 31 (the mother of Barney's Child) - Last Forever - Part Two
The Top Four
Top four girls Barney slept with and screwed over in The Bracket.
- Anna - Ted Mosby: Architect
- Meg - Dowisetrepla, The Rough Patch, Slapsgiving 3: Slappointment in Slapmarra
Women Barney failed to sleep with after putting in a lot of effort, women that took a very long time to win over, women Barney refused to sleep with for various reasons despite expressing an interest in, women Barney declined to sleep with who were willing, and any notable woman who refused to sleep with him.
- Lily Aldrin
- Anita - Of Course
- Heather Mosby
- Virginia Mosby
- The Sexless Innkeeper - The Sexless Innkeeper
- New Jersey Girls - We're Not From Here
- The Mother - Platonish
Unnamed and Miscellaneous
- Works With Carlos Girl - Purple Giraffe
- Tanya, "the second-hottest bridesmaid" - Drumroll, Please
- Penelope - Come On
- Rachel, Ted's student - Unfinished
- Mrs. Douglas - The Window
- Amy's friend - Wait For It
- Amanda - Three Days of Snow
- Becca DiLucci - Happily Ever After
- "Who's your mommy?" girl - Baby Talk
- Nora Zinman and "the girl from the front desk" - Shelter Island
- Woman carrying the bagage 'Slept with Barney' - The Wedding Bride
- Various pharma-girls - Ted is at MacLaren's telling the gang about this woman, Tiffany. She says she's really into him, but can't be with him "right now." The gang sees through her ruse, telling Ted that he's been "hooked," a euphemism for stringing someone along until they meet someone better.
Everyone has an example: Marshall did a high school classmate's homework and was her "secret boyfriend", Robin allows her pre-morning show cameraman to pamper her, and Lily's high school flame, Scooter (David Burtka), works at her school as cafeteria staff, where she doesn't exactly tell him that a romantic relationship is impossible.
Ted refuses to believe that he has been hooked, and continues waiting for Tiffany. When she shows up to the bar with her co-workers, Barney is excited to see that she and all her friends are pharmaceutical representatives, which he calls the "hot-chick" profession of their generation (like the nurse or stewardess was in the past).
All the while, Ted himself has "hooked" Henrietta, a librarian from Columbia. Henrietta treats Ted just like he treats Tiffany, even assembling an elegant dinner when he drops by. Ted is just as dismissive of Henrietta as Tiffany is of him. Ted is invited to go to a wedding with Tiffany, which he sees as a sign of commitment, so he meets her in the room with champagne. However she enters with the best man, the guy who has "hooked" her. Ted leaves, intent on making sure Henrietta doesn't feel the same heartbreak.
Unfortunately, he took the best man's jacket by accident, which had the wedding ring inside. Bending over at Henrietta's door to tie his shoes, the ring falls out, and Henrietta opens the door to see Ted down on his knee, in a tuxedo, with a ring in his hand. She says yes, and introduces him to her visiting parents. Ted explains what has happened and that they will never be together.
Meanwhile, Marshall tries to get Lily to let Scooter know she is never going to be with him, but she is immobilized by Scooter's puppy-dog eyes. Marshall uses Barney's teacup pig (in a cute blanket) to train Lily to resist Scooter. Eventually, it works, and the two head down to the cafeteria, but even though Lily is able to tell Scooter it will never happen, Marshall himself can't resist Scooter's charm, telling him to just wait until he is dead.
- Jenny - The Scorpion and the Toad
- "Cute Indian girl who does my hair" - Blitzgiving
- Woman from Perfect Week
- Woman from World's Greatest Couple
- Honey - Zoey's naive cousin - Oh Honey
- Kelly - How Your Mother Met Me