|Gallery of Katie Scherbatsky images (11)|
When Katie visits Robin in New York, she is uncomfortable with Katie having a boyfriend, Kyle. Robin is shocked when she finds out Katie is planning to lose her virginity to Kyle. She tries to talk Katie out of it, but fails. Along with the prospect of having sex, Katie shows several more signs of teenage experimentation, such as smoking and drinking. Eventually, Ted is the one who convinces Katie to wait before having sex with Kyle by showing her that even apparently nice guys his age put sex as a priority before anything else. When Katie tells Kyle she wants to wait, he breaks up with her. Katie is devastated and pours her heart out to Robin, but ends up having a great first time in New York.
When she returns home, Katie sleeps in Robin's old room. She finds her sister's diary and learned Robin lost her virginity to old friend Brian, because he wanted to know if he was gay.
Katie briefly shows up in a flashback during Little Boys, as an example of how her sister hated kids.
On the day of her sister's wedding, Katie is seen playing hockey with Robin and watching The Wedding Bride Too along with the gang in Vesuvius. She reassures Lily that it's not a bad or abnormal thing Robin isn't freaking out about her wedding day.
- Mother: Genevieve Scherbatsky
- Father: Robin Scherbatsky Sr.
- Sister(s): Robin Scherbatsky
- Other: Carol Scherbatsky (step-mother)
- In-law(s): Barney Stinson (brother-in-law)
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Her appearance has the second longest interval since the first and second appearance (after Coat Check Girl, who has a gap of 178 episodes), first in Season 2 episode First Time In New York and second in the Season 9 episode Vesuvius, a gap of 171 episodes.
- Actress Lucy Hale, who portrays Katie, used to date David Henrie, who plays Luke.
- Four-year-old Katie was played by Pamela Darling in Little Boys.
- Her future sister-in-law Carly Whittaker is played by Lucy Hale's Pretty Little Liars co-star and close friend, Ashley Benson.
- Due to her parents being divorced, it is unknown if she lives with her mother or her father & stepmother.
|Friends & Family||Ted Mosby • Lily Aldrin • Marshall Eriksen • Barney Stinson • Robin Scherbatsky Sr. • Katie Scherbatsky • Genevieve Scherbatsky|
|Places||MacLaren's Pub • The Apartment • Robin's apartment • Hoser Hut • Metro News 1 • Come On, Get Up New York! • World Wide News|
|Others||Blue French Horn • Robin Sparkles • Let's Go to the Mall • Sandcastles in the Sand (song) • Space Teens • The Beaver Song • P.S. I Love You (song) • Intervention banner • Truth Voice • Sir Scratchewan • Mock Salutes • The Locket (object)|