2001 - present
She started performing in local productions and summer stock theater at age 13. She studied European History at the University of Pennsylvania, during which time she spent several semesters abroad. After graduating, Becki immediately moved to NYC to pursue Broadway. After appearing in dozens of national commercials and guest starring roles, including Cold Case (2003), Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999), and American Dreams (2002), she landed the role of Amanda Tanen on Ugly Betty (2006).
In mid February 2012, TV Line reported that Carter Bays, Craig Thomas and Chris Harris have written a new comedy pilot, which Fox has picked up.  The show is entitled The Goodwin Games, and will star Becki Newton. It is described as:
- A single-camera comedy about three siblings who must reconnect in order to inherit their recently-deceased father’s fortune.
Notes and Trivia
- She is married to the actor Chris Diamantopoulos.
- Her older brother, Matt Newton, is also an actor.
- She speaks Spanish, German, and Greek.
- Her first job after arriving in New York City was as a waitress at the Times Square Brewery.
- She met her husband, Chris Diamantopoulos, in a Times Square subway station.
- Her mother, Jennifer Newton, is an artist.
- Her favorite movie is Dirty Dancing (1987).
- She's learning to dance salsa.
- She gave birth to her first child, a boy, in early November, 2010 in Los Angeles.