Barney and Robin's wedding is the day on which Barney Stinson officially gives up his bachelor lifestyle and gets married to Robin Scherbatsky. It is also the day when Ted meets Tracy McConnell. It's been referred to as "The most important day in all their lives."
Flashforwards to the wedding have occurred in Big Days, Challenge Accepted, The Best Man, The Magician's Code - Part Two, Farhampton and Band or DJ?. The whole 9th Season is set on the wedding weekend - starting from Friday at 10am when the gang is leaving for the wedding as seen in Something New. The ceremony happens in The End of the Aisle.
Details about the wedding initially came very slowly. This is the order of revelations about the wedding:
- In Big Days, it is revealed that Ted is the best man of a wedding the day he finally meets The Mother and that it starts to rain before the reception.
- In Challenge Accepted, it is revealed that Barney is the groom of the wedding.
- In The Best Man, Barney is shown to have thoughts about escape from the wedding through the window because of pre-wedding jitters.
- In The Magician's Code - Part Two, Ted calls it a "a wedding day that went horribly wrong", and it is revealed that Robin is the bride of the wedding.
- In Farhampton, it shown that Ted injures his hand at some point during the weekend, as his hand is shown bandaged. It is also shown that it is still raining after Ted leaves the reception when he meets The Mother.
- In Farhampton, Robin is shown to have thoughts about escape from the wedding through the window because of pre-wedding jitters. It is also revealed that the wedding takes place in a location on Long Island called Farhampton and the church Barney and Robin get married in was the same church that Victoria almost got married in.
- In Band or DJ? it is stated that the wedding reception will be held under a big white tent outside on the front lawn of the Farhampton Inn.
- In Band or DJ?, it is revealed that The Mother is the bass player in the band playing at the wedding, and Robin is seen on the reception dancefloor with her father.
- In Band or DJ?, and Something New, it is revealed that the wedding will take place on Sunday, May 25th 2013, at 6pm.
- In Something New, it is shown that Robin and Barney will have an elaborate first dance, with some dancers and glitter. Ted reveals to Lily that he plans on moving to Chicago the day after the wedding.
- In The End of the Aisle is revealed not only Lily, but also Patrice is a bridesmaid
- In The End of the Aisle it is revealed that Barney not only had Trevor Hudson as his ring bear, but also intended to have a flower gorilla.
- Main article: Barney's Wife.
Barney and Robin's romantic history goes back to Sandcastles in the Sand, when they first sleep together. In the Season 3 finale Miracles, Barney starts looking at Robin as a prospective love interest following his near-fatal accident. Although he reveals his new feelings for Robin to Lily in Do I Know You?, he fails to reveal his feelings directly to Robin, until he finally does in The Leap. The two become a couple in the Season 5 premiere, and they persevere until The Rough Patch. Robin hints at remaining feelings for Barney in Challenge Accepted and at the end of Disaster Averted when they kissed. That leads to them sleeping together, as revealed in Tick Tick Tick. At the end of The Rebound Girl, Robin tells Barney she's pregnant. However, after seeing a doctor, they find out that she is neither pregnant, nor can she ever have kids as revealed in Symphony of Illumination. Robin also says that the father of her imaginary kids is Barney, indicating that she wants to be with him.
In The Best Man, Lily informs Ted that Barney's bride wants to see him, hinting that the bride is someone that Ted and Lily are close with. Furthermore, in False Positive, Robin asks Ted if he will be her best man after he gets the entire gang to stop their childish behavior. If Robin is Barney's bride, it is likely that Ted is Robin's best man as well as Barney's. In The Magician's Code - Part Two, it shows Robin in a wedding dress. Barney and Robin become engaged in The Final Page - Part Two and spend the second half of the eighth season planning their wedding and dealing with issues that come their way.
- Barney's Wife
- Timeline Of The Wedding Weekend
- Guests at Barney & Robin's Wedding
- The Wedding Weekend