At the time of writing, little is known about the event's details, although some minor details have surfaced from certain episodes:
- Robin is the bride at the wedding.
- Barney is the groom at the wedding.
- The mother is the bass player in the band playing at the wedding.
- The writers have confirmed that it won't be the smoothest wedding, but Barney and Robin will get married.  In The Best Man and Farhampton, both Barney and Robin have thoughts about escaping from the wedding through the window because of pre-wedding jitters. In Band or DJ?, it is seen that Robin is on the reception dancefloor with her father.
- The wedding will take place on May 25th, 2013.
- In The Magician's Code - Part Two, Future Ted calls it "a wedding day that went horribly wrong".
- At some point during the wedding, Ted injures his hand, as shown in Farhampton. In Band or DJ? it is shown that this injury hasn't occurred yet on the dancefloor.
- Main article: Barney's Wife.
Quinn was introduced as a Recurring Character starting in Season 7, making her first appearance in the show in February 2012. Writers of the show have confirmed that she will "play a major role in Barney's love life".
Barney meets her at a club where Ted is trying to hook up with her friend, and he likes her immediately, although he keeps telling Ted he hates her. They have coffee together in Karma, and they decide to move in together in The Broath. Barney also seems a little uncomfortable about her being a stripper, and Quinn says that the only way she'd quit is if she were to get married. In The Magician's Code - Part Two, Barney propose to Quinn but later in the episode another flashforward to the wedding shows Robin as Barney's bride. This hints that Quinn and Barney will break up, which occurs in the The Pre-Nup, when they realise that they have trust issues with each other.
Barney and Nora had been seeing each other since Desperation Day, but the two fell out following Barney's revelation of faking his serious committing nature to her just so he can sleep with her. Although he came close to committing himself to a relationship with her, Barney did not pursue Nora again until they met again in Challenge Accepted, and he and Nora started going out in Season 7. It's worth noting that Nora and Barney haven't slept together yet, in spite of Barney's womanizing personality. Nora also happens to be the first woman following Robin to whom Barney had committed himself for more than one night. Barney had also been doing things he never would have done for her (waiting at a diner for over nine hours, waiting two months to sleep with her, making a deal with Marshall in exchange for three extra slaps to take off the ducky tie because he wants to make a good impression on her parents). However, they break up in Tick Tick Tick when Barney tells her that he cheated on her. It has been confirmed by writers that she will not return.
- ↑ http://www.tvguide.com/News/HIMYM-Season7-Spoilers-1035439.aspx
- ↑ Mentioned in Band or DJ