- Brunch - Barney claims that 83% of people married for longer than six months are seeing someone on the side
- Third Wheel - Barney asks if the sum of the ages of all participants in the "tricycle" is under 83
- No Tomorrow - Barney refers to "The Great Dude Shortage" of 1883 and in the following see refers to his suit as a "38 Long"
- Ten Sessions - Barney claims it takes a woman 8.3 seconds to decide if she is going to sleep with someone
- The Bracket - In a ploy to hook up with a woman at an art museum, Barney claims that he has lost 83% of his vision.
- Intervention - Barney claims to be 83 years old when disguised as an old man.
- Shelter Island - 83 shows up several times in Barney's equations to get Robin in bed again.
- Right Place, Right Time - Barney's 200th sex partner-to-be, Petra Petrova, is shown in Bros Life Magazine on page 83.
- Bagpipes - Barney claims that the tally for beds he and Robin slept in is 83 and a half.
- Robots Vs Wrestlers - Barney names several rules for Marshall and Lily's baby. The final rule mentioned is number 83 dealing with baby spit up, suits, and Lily's breasts.
- Glitter - Barney claims there is an 83% correlation between the time men wear boutonnière and the times they get laid.
- Hopeless - It is revealed that Barney last saw his dad in 1983.
- The Perfect Cocktail - Barney states that he was about to sleep with his 283rd woman when Marshall interferes.
- The Best Man - Barney brags that he has an 83% success rate with women (although Ted comments, "17, it's always the inverse").
- In Right Place, Right Time, Marshall does the math and determines that only 1.2% of the women Barney approaches actually sleep with him.
- Field Trip - Barney says that 83% of college students are in dire need of sex lessons. Coincidentally, Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi was released in 1983, a movie which features prominently in the episode.
- Good Crazy - Barney mentions his online dating success rate to be as high as 83 percent.
- Now We're Even - When Barney and Ted are arguing over the points system, Barney gives Ted 83 points for slapping five with Tommy Lee.
- Barney's Blog: Overcoming Illness
- Barney's Blog: How To Take Perfect Pictures
- Barney's Blog: A Bro-Working Relationship
- Barney's Blog: Emrgency Rroom
- Barney's Blog: The Bro Code
- Barney's Blog: Scrapbooking
- Barney's Blog: "How To Be Awesome" - Chapter 83: The Mermaid Theory
- The number 83 appears numerous times in both The Playbook and The Bro Code.
- The Platinum Rule is article 83 in The Bro Code.
Notes and TriviaEdit